The African Biblical Leadership Initiative (ABLI) Mentorship
The African Biblical Leadership Initiative (ABLI) Mentorship Program is a Bible Society of Kenya (BSK) initiative targeting young Christian adults who are already operating in different spaces of leadership in church and/or their respective congregations. The program is being implemented by Emerging Leaders Foundation (ELF) – a Leadership training, mentorship and coaching platform that concerns itself with growing the next generation of value-driven and sufficiently tooled leaders for transformative change in communities throughout the Global South.
ABLI Mentorship Program is designed to impart mentees with skills to become effective community leaders committed to Integrity, Compassion, Cohesion, Justice among other Biblical Values.
ABLI Mentorship Program 2018 aims to mentor at least 90 young adults in Nairobi and Kisumu counties. Successful mentees will undergo a six-month mentorship program delivered once a month, on a selected Saturday from 8am – 6pm.
The Bible Society of Kenya (BSK) will sponsor the six month’s training BUT every selected candidate is expected to pay Five Thousand (KES 5,000/- ) as their part of commitment to the training.
Upon successful completion of the program, the mentees will graduate during the Annual ABLI Conference to be held in September, 2018.
To qualify for the ABLI Mentorship Program 2018, one must be:
- Born again,
- Aged between 18-30 years,
- Serving in any capacity of leadership in their respective churches/congregations,
- Willing to be members of the Bible Society of Kenya,
- Willing to take up internship roles at the Bible Society of Kenya upon completion of the program,
- Able to pay a one off amount of KES 5,000/-
- Be available for at least one Saturday each month for the period of the mentorship program.